Step 1: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
- Type in Cisco AnyConnect into the Windows search bar
- Right click on the Cisco AnyConnect app (Make sure it says App underneath)
- Select "Pin to taskbar"
- The icon should appear in your taskbar so the next time you need to launch the Cisco Anyconnect, you just click on the icon
Step 2: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
Click the Cisco AnyConnect icon in the taskbar. Alternatively, if you did not pin the icon to your taskbar, repeat the directions above.
Step 3: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
Follow Steps 1-5 from here: https://sfpublicdefender.org/wireless/using-vpn-winos/ and return here after Step 5.
Step 4: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
Confirm you are connected to the VPN by checking the Cisco icon. If you see a padlock icon in the lower right of the Cisco icon, you are connected.
Step 5: RDP To Your Desktop
- Type in "RDP" into the search bar
- Double click to run the Remote Desktop Program
Step 6: RDP To Your Desktop
Click the "Show Options" to expand the list of available options.
Step 7: RDP To Your Desktop
- For computer, you will enter your work computer IP address. This will be a number like: 12.34.567.890. FYI, The last set of digits can be 2 or 3 digits.
- For "username", you will enter your work username.
- Check "Allow me to save credentials"
- Click "Connect"
Step 8: RDP To Your Desktop
The first time, you’ll be asked to enter your password.
Step 9: RDP To Your Desktop
You should be connected to your work computer.
Step 10: Disconnect When You’re Done
To disconnect from the RDP session when you are done, just simply click the "X" to close the session.
Step 11: Disconnect When You’re Done
Please remember to disconnect from the Cisco VPN as well.