Step 1: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
- Click on Spotlight search and type in Cisco Anyconnect
- Double click on the Cisco AnyConnect application to launch
Step 2: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
Click "Ok". You will only need to do this the first time.
Step 3: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
In the Dock, you’ll see the icon for Cisco AnyConnect, right click and select "Options" and then "Keep in Dock". This way the icon is always available for quicker access.
Step 4: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
Follow Steps 1-5 from here: https://sfpublicdefender.org/wireless/using-vpn-macos/ and return here after Step 5.
Step 5: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
There may be an update that needs to be applied.
Step 6: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
Click "Open Preferences"
Step 7: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
Click "Allow" and then click the close button.
Step 8: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
Step 9: Launch Cisco AnyConnect
Confirm that the VPN is connected by going to the menu bar. The icon should have a padlock in the lower right hand side.
Step 10: Install RDP
- Click on Spotlight search and type in "App Store"
- Double click on the "App Store" to launch the application
Step 11: Install RDP
- In the App Store search box, type in "Microsoft RDP" and hit enter
- Look for Microsoft Remote Desktop and click on "Get" and then "Install App"
Step 12: Install RDP
Sign in to your iCloud account if you have one. If you do not, make one.
Step 13: RDP To Your Desktop
- Once the app has finished installing, you can close the App Store.
- Go to Spotlight search and type in Microsoft Remote
- Double click to launch the application
Step 14: RDP To Your Desktop
Click "Yes". You will only have to do this the first time.
Step 15: RDP To Your Desktop
Click on the "+" icon and select "Add PC"
Step 16: RDP To Your Desktop
- For "PC name:", you will enter your work computer IP address. This will be a number like: 12.34.567.890. FYI, The last set of digits can be 2 or 3 digits.
- For "Friendly name:", enter "Work PC"
- For "User account", click the drop down and select "Add User Account…"
Step 17: RDP To Your Desktop
- For "Username:", enter your work computer login as pubdef\firstinitialfulllastname
- For "Password:", enter your work computer login
- Click "Add"
Step 18: RDP To Your Desktop
Step 19: RDP To Your Desktop
Double click on "Work PC" icon
Step 20: RDP To Your Desktop
Step 21: RDP To Your Desktop
You should be connected to your work PC. By default it’s set to use its own Space meaning it’s full screen.
Step 22: Disconnect When You’re Done
To end your session, scroll your mouse to the very top middle of your screen and you will see your Mac’s tool bar appear. You can close your connection by clicking the close icon.
Step 23: Disconnect When You’re Done
Log out of the VPN by going to the VPN icon, right clicking, and select "Disconnect".