For over 90 years, the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office has provided effective and competent legal representation to people who are charged with a crime and unable to afford an attorney.
Led by Jeff Adachi, California’s only publicly elected Public Defender, the office provides legal representation to over 25,000 indigent people charged with crimes each year.
- Jeff Adachi Honored For Mentorship, Youth Programs
- Mom Losing Her Cool Is Not A Crime, Jury Finds
- Op-Ed: The Waste, Inequity of Filling Jails With Those Who Can’t Make Bail
- Guard Who Feared For Life Cleared Of Gun Charges
- Public Defender, Quattrone Center to Study Consequences of Race, Justice in SF