For over 90 years, the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office has provided effective and competent legal representation to people who are charged with a crime and unable to afford an attorney.
Led by Jeff Adachi, California’s only publicly elected Public Defender, the office provides legal representation to over 25,000 indigent people charged with crimes each year.
- Matt Gonzalez, Francisco Ugarte Named Defenders of the Year
- 10 Things Starbucks Could Do to Combat Racism
- California’s District Attorneys Must Work to End Money Bail
- SFPD Whistleblower Claims Retaliation After Reporting Racial, Religious Harassment
- Federal Judge Orders Man Released After SF Courts Repeatedly Fail to Follow Bail Law