For over 90 years, the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office has provided effective and competent legal representation to people who are charged with a crime and unable to afford an attorney.
Led by Jeff Adachi, California’s only publicly elected Public Defender, the office provides legal representation to over 25,000 indigent people charged with crimes each year.
- Judge Tosses Tossed Knife Case
- “Habeas” lawsuits demand release of 10 detained immigrants transferred out of state by ICE
- The Right to Plea No Contest in a Criminal Case
- Public Defenders Win 5 Acquittals in Single Afternoon
- Study: Public Defender’s Pilot Program Curtails Pretrial Incarceration, Saves Costs