For over 90 years, the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office has provided effective and competent legal representation to people who are charged with a crime and unable to afford an attorney.
Led by Jeff Adachi, California’s only publicly elected Public Defender, the office provides legal representation to over 25,000 indigent people charged with crimes each year.
- Study: Public Defender’s Pilot Program Curtails Pretrial Incarceration, Saves Costs
- Public Defender’s Pretrial Unit Slashes Jail Stays: Study
- Matt Gonzalez, Francisco Ugarte Named Defenders of the Year
- 10 Things Starbucks Could Do to Combat Racism
- California’s District Attorneys Must Work to End Money Bail