For over 90 years, the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office has provided effective and competent legal representation to people who are charged with a crime and unable to afford an attorney.
Led by Jeff Adachi, California’s only publicly elected Public Defender, the office provides legal representation to over 25,000 indigent people charged with crimes each year.
- Federal Judge Orders Man Released After SF Courts Repeatedly Fail to Follow Bail Law
- SF Public Defender Responds to AG Sessions’ Threats, Lawsuit
- Unequal Justice in the Age of Reform
- Rallies Across CA Courts Tuesday 2/20 to Lift Up New Changes in Bail Law and Call to End Money Bail
- He Stole $5 and Cologne. Bail was Set at $350,000